Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Make sure you analyse the question well and paraphrase it in then the introduction. This type of question asks about the advantages and disadvantages and a significant word listed here is “ outweigh“. The question asks if advantages are stronger than www.customwritings.us.com the disadvantages so you need to give your opinion here.
Some students just write on the benefits only but this will be a approach that is wrong you might lose marks. The essay will need balance. The initial body paragraph might be about the upside additionally the second body paragraph can be concerning the downsides with your opinion throughout the whole essay.
A lot of students are not able to give their opinion in this type of essay, or maybe they just give their opinion briefly into the conclusion. Your position must be clear throughout the essay.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. Write your opinion when you look at the thesis statement. 2. Make sure you state your opinion when you look at the introduction, main body as well as the conclusion. 3. Give specific examples for the essay but be mindful of giving information that is too much. Ensure that it it is simple and usually do not overly complicate it. 4. Be sure the essay is balanced, not only writing about advantages only.
Listed here are 2 possible structures for this kind of task:
Note: Structures are just ideas to help you plan your essay out, there is no special magic structure that may allow you to get a Band 7, there are numerous how to structure an essay.
Many people think that consumption tax on food items is a way that is good raise revenue for the government.
Talk about the benefits and drawbacks of the policy
This kind of essay does not ask for the opinion, it is more like a discussion essay so that you need certainly to come up with advantages and disadvantages, you can view that the question will not ask : Do you think…? or Do you really agree or disagree…? / What can be your opinion ? So this is not asking a direct opinion.
First analyse the question and then paraphrase it. The essay has to just be well balanced like in example 1 with explanations about how exactly its an advantage or disadvantage. Don’t just speak about advantages, give both sides when you look at the essay. The conclusion is merely a summary of the points which you built in your body paragraphs.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one illustration of the benefits in main body paragraph 1, after that provide one example of this disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Do not give your opinion that is personal because question does not ask because of it. 4. Give good examples through the entire essay but be mindful of giving a lot of information. Ensure that it stays simple, be mindful about giving way too many examples too. 5. Be sure the essay is balanced, not just currently talking about advantages only.
Let me reveal a good structure for this kind of task:
These days with advances in technology increasing numbers of people will work at home.
Talk about the pros and cons of this and give your very own opinion
This essay type is very comparable to example 1, here you must give your opinion and discuss the advantages and disadvantages, the difference that is main to example 1 is that it does not mention the word outweigh. The main thing to look out for is the words Discuss and Give your own opinion. The same as in example 1 you will need to paraphrase the question, give a approach that is balanced the primary body paragraphs and provide your opinion within the introduction and again into the conclusion.
The examiner needs to see your opinion through the whole essay.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one illustration of the advantages in main body paragraph 1, after that provide an example of this disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Make sure you state your opinion into the introduction, main body as well as the conclusion. 4. Give specific examples within the essay but be mindful of giving too much information. Ensure that it it is simple. 5. Make sure the essay is balanced, not only writing about advantages only.
What structure should I use?
Structures are simply ideas to help you plan your essay out , there is no special magic structure that will get you a high score. I will suggest 2 body paragraphs because of this form of essay but you can use 3 body that is main if you want, a maximum of that.
- In main body paragraph 1 it is possible to write about an advantage and explain it further, always make every effort to give an example of the benefit. If possible talk about the results associated with advantage. Main body 2 is similar, talk about one disadvantage with examples and details.
- You need to give your opinion when you look at the introduction if the relevant question asks for your opinion. You could make use of the main body paragraphs to back your opinion up. You should rephrase your view within the conclusion also.
Heavily weighed to remember. Try not to give too many examples or you may go off track, stick to one advantage plus one disadvantage and come up with those. You haven’t got time and energy to get into way too much detail or into tangents, don’t try to impress the examiner with too much information.
Plan your essay well, set aside ten full minutes planning time, think of at least one supporting point for your topic sentence in each body paragraph that is main.